So the headlines are familiar by now:
- An end to Security of Appointment (a.k.a. Guaranteed Appointment)
- Said no to “Set-Aside Bishop” (a.k.a. “Super Bishop or “Methodist Pope”)
- Restructuring happened, then declared Unconstitutional
- Chose to continue opposing settlements in the West Bank, but not divesting from US companies that benefit from settlements.
- Could not agree that we disagree as a denomination on Human Sexuality
But we did something that you might not be aware of:
- Established a ministry plan for Pacific Islanders
- Adopted a $603 million budget, the first time a quadrennial budget has been smaller than the prior quadrennium.
- Entered into Full Communion with the predominantly black pan-Methodist denominations, in effect beginning the process of rectifying what happened at George Street so long ago.
- Participated in an Act of Repentance for what the people called Methodists did against First Nations peoples of this continent.
As I process all this, I hope to use this blog to share some of my thoughts.